Here's the questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I've been told I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to yarn. I like soft stuff. Merino, fine wools, cottons, alpaca, that sort of thing. Shetland and I are not friends and I'm not a huge fan of novelty yarns and 100% acrylics.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have some fabric rolls that a friend made me and they work very well.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I was 5, about 35 years. I think I'm fairly advanced, I haven't met a pattern I couldn't knit and I do design a fair bit myself these days.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wishlist?
Yup, but it's a little pathetic right now. I keep it to remind myself of things I'd like to buy eventually. It needs a serious overhaul.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like grapefruit, lime, and peppermint.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate! Add raspberries to that and I am extremely happy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm a certified (or is that certifiable?) guitar builder, I do beadwork, cross stitch, needlework, and I've been spinning for 15 years.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a fairly wide range of music from old jazz to spanish rap to hardcore. Right now I lean more to hardcore and unless it's Johnny Cash, I think country is evil.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color/family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you can't stand?
I am very much a purple girl. Even when I try to get other colors into my life, I always wind up with some sort of purple or burgundy. Anything with yellow tendancies is taboo around here (unless it's complementing the purple).
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
There's a man that I clean up after (see cheeky shed monkey), a dog and two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all but the last.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'll knit pretty much anything. I even knit a chair cover a couple of years back. But shawls are fun and socks are what I use as a brain cleanser between larger projects.
13. What are you knitting now?
I've got a cable patterned yoke sweater and a hooded buffalo sweater on the go for the Nihon vogue class (yeah, I said a hooded buffalo sweater, stop snickering, I'm a slow learner). Then there's about 5 pairs of socks, a tank top, a moebius scarf... I'm not going any further 'cause this is getting embarrassing.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum or plastic?
Mostly circs (addis), although I love the Crystal Palace bamboo dps for socks.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.
17. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me. She liked to keep me quiet. This is the same lady that sent me outside with a salt shaker and told me if I could get salt on a bird's tail I could catch it. Her neighbors must have thought I was insane. I spent hours outside as quiet as I could be (see a trend here? She wasn't stupid) trying to catch a bird with a salt shaker.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Sheesh, isn't that like asking what I weigh? A lady never tells. Okay, I know that leaves me out, but I'm still not telling!
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween. You can scare children and not go to jail.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Er, spindles, nosties, wpi tools. But the collection is kinda scary already.
21. Any books, yarn, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd like to try the Regia bamboo sock yarn. I usually just pick up a knitting mag if it interests me.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
None come immediately to mind, but there's bound to be something.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I'm a size 7.5 and I have wideish feet, thickish ankles and a narrow heel. If a duck foot just sprang to mind for you, then you've got it.
24. When is your birthday?