1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural fibres. Wool for winter and soft stuff if it's going to be next to my skin. Acrylic and I are not friends.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have numerous folders and bags and a drawers that they mostly live in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I was 5. That was a while ago. I guess I'm fairly advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Citrus! I like jasmine too.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love chocolate. Chocolate covered apricots are my fave, but they're hard to find.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, do needlework, beadwork and woodworking.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have fairly odd taste in music. Best to steer clear of me and music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like blue, purple, burgundy, black and charcoal.
I stay clear of yellow, orange and most greens.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Two cats, one dog and one large domesticated house monkey (aka my guy).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to the first three and an "omg aren't we done with those things yet?" to the last.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters and I use socks as a sort of palette cleanser between big projects.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Three adult sweaters, a baby sweater, a hat, three or four pairs of socks (I lost track), two shawls and a stuffed fish.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I usually use addi circs.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I am sooo not telling you that. People in the swap may be younger than it.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Drop spindles, nosties, comics and of course, yarn and fibre.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd like to try Lisa Souza's stuff, the new Neil Gaiman book, I subscribe to SpinOff.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Two socks at the same time on two circs.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) Dec. 20.