Friday, May 12, 2006
25 colours, one pot of Brazilwood. I admit it, I didn't believe it would give really different colours, but it did. Not only that, but some of those pinks and purples are really great. I might even use some of those colours. I'm still not a natural dyeing convert, but results like this do make me rethink my, "ugh, it's so much work" feelings.
Yay! Another Nihon Vogue project done. I don't even know what number this one is. I've totally lost track and I'm doing two or three extra projects, so who knows. There's such a fine line between over-achiever and just plain dumbass. This sweater proved that simpler is sometimes better. I tried to do a really fancy border before the yoke and it looked really bad. REALLY bad. Took me six hours. Three sets of calculations, two picked up bands (one with over 400 stitches the other only 300 and some), and two inches of knitting. Six hours. Knew I should rip it out and continued knitting. Thought I might like it more in another few rows. I was completely delusional. Spent twenty minutes the next day pulling it all out. I'd call it a learning experience, but it wasn't the first time I've done it and I somehow doubt it will the last. Yup, dumbass. Not such a fine line after all.