Wednesday, October 11, 2006

the horror, the horror...

So, I order this yarn off ebay from Uruguay. On my monitor, it looks pretty good. Burgundy, deep green and gold. It's cheap and I can certainly live with the colors. When it arrives, I am faced with this:


A fair bit of swearing ensued.
I tucked it away and pulled it out every so often to try to convince myself it wasn't that bad. It's been a year now and I remain unconvinced. It still makes my butt clench so hard that it moves three inches up my back. Not a happy reaction. A couple of days ago I decided, "screw it, I'll just sell it off cheap". Today I decided, "hell, may as well try dyeing it". Figured it couldn't hurt. If I still didn't like it, I could sell it, if I liked it, well, yay.


I like it.
This I also like:

I can't stop listening to it. I've made the monkey listen to it more than once. I don't think he's quite as enamoured as I am. He's more classic rock or contemporary (insert small involuntary shudder here) rock. But it reminds me of 70's Alice Cooper. I now have a warm squishy spot in my heart for Rob Zombie.
Perhaps he'd like to be my new monkey. Hey, a girl can dream.
Anthea, this is for you:


A few handspun, handknit hats for your sale. More to come. Hope you like 'em.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dye job on the yarn looks great. Those colors are so much better! Btw, I love your hats!

K. said...

Love the dye job! I have to try to listen to the Rob Zombie CD, sometimes...it's quite good...even though I'm a singer-songwritter/electronica fan...

jenknits said...

Love the hats! What's the pattern, if I may ask?

Anonymous said...

the newly dyed yarn looks awesome - a much more enjoyable colourway!

KnitPastis said...

That is such a nice dye job you did on that yarn! Beautiful hats you knitted too! I heard of Rob Zombie but haven't listened to his music yet.