Sunday, June 18, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap

Yeah, I joined another online thingy. What can I say, I'm weak. And this one's for more sock yarn, 'cause I NEED more sock yarn. Of course I'm sending yarn to someone else so you could say that it balances out. There's rationalization at it's very best. Hah.
So here's questionnaire for the swap:
What are your favorite colors?
-blues, burgundys, purples
Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting sock?
-I'm not new, let's leave it at that
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
-MULTI!
What fibers do you prefer in a sock yarn?
-wool, wool/nylon, wool/cotton/ nylon, cotton/lycra
Where do you usually knit socks?
-pretty much anywhere I go
How do you carry/store small projects?
-usually stuffed into whatever big bag is coming with me
What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
-I like ones that looks fussy but are simple. Travelling lace is my current fave.
What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
-I'm a big creature of habit, so I almost always knit em cuff down with a heel flap, but I can do other styles.
What new techniques would you like to try?
-I've been considering the two socks at once thing
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
-dpns
What are some of your favorite yarns?
-Schaeffer, any of the ombres, Mountain Colors, Lorna's Laces and Koigu
What yarn do you totally covet?
-Schaeffer
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
-either Eleanora socks or Traveler's socks from Knitting on the Road.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
-Crystal Palace dpn bamboo
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
-huh?
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
-Willie Wonka gobstoppers, or pretty much any kind of chocolate.
What's your favorite animal?
-herons
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
-dog, Loki, 10 yrs
-cat, Uzume, 9 yrs
-cat, Spike, 3 years
-hairless ape, Murray, 40 yrs
If you were a color what color would you be?
-again, huh?
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's)..
-black baby doll says, "You Can't Have Manslaughter Without Laughter". Has a fifties style guy in a suit, big smile on his face, brandishing a butcher knife.
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
-love pics of herons and eagles flying
Tell me the best quote you've ever read or heard.
-"There's such a fine line between clever and stupid." Spinal Tap
Do you have a wishlist?
-not really
Anything else you'd like to share with the group today?
-maybe later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these answers. I'm glad I checked your blog before sending off the list of questions. I love the socks you've made and I hope the sweater works out now that you have found some extra yarn. Wish I could come over for some strawberry angel food cake.